A new year means a new you! If you are ready to make some changes, you’ve come to the right place! At Summer Crest Apartment Homes, we love the thrill of setting goals, and we know that many of our residents do, too! For those who are still contemplating what your 2021 resolutions should be, here are three things to remember as you plan.
Find Your Passion
According to US News, 80 percent of New Year goals fail by February. While there are many reasons why this is a common trend each year, one reason could be a lack of passion and motivation. When the early excitement of goal setting dwindles, resolutioners need inspiration and hard work to continue to work on their goals. If you aren’t passionate about your goal, you won’t be passionate about fulfilling your goal. The solution? Revolve your New Year’s resolutions around your passions!
Set SMART Goals
When setting goals, make sure that they are SMART:
- Specific: Ask yourself, “What do I want to accomplish?” “Why is my goal important?” and “What is involved?” Find a specific and clear objective and focus on the necessary actions.
- Measurable: What metrics will you use to determine if you fulfill your goal?
- Attainable: Think of ways to accomplish your goal. Do you have the skills or tools necessary to obtain it? If not, what do you need to ensure you have what it takes to meet your goal?
- Relevant: Choose a goal that aligns with your long-term objectives.
- Time-Bound: Set a realistic time frame. This could be anywhere from a few days to months to years.
Track Your Progress
Did you know that tracking your progress—whether for business or personal growth—makes you two times more likely to reach your target? There are many ways to measure your progression. When setting your goals, decide what that will look like for you. You can log your experiences in a journal, use charts or schedules, or download goal-tracking apps. There is no wrong way! All that matters is that you continually monitor your journey.
Get ready to set goals! Remember to revolve your goals around your passions, set SMART goals, and track your progress. Doing these three things will help you be successful in your endeavors. Happy goal setting!